When the dust settled after the Third Round of the 2017 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup, there was just one amateur team left standing. Christos FC kept their Cinderella run alive in Chicago, as the Baltimore club won a dream game with Major League Soccer’s D.C. United in Round 4. GPS Omens and L.A. Wolves fought to the bitter end against USL opposition, but fell short in their bid to join their amateur brethren in the Fourth Round.
Nine USL clubs and three NASL clubs moved on to Round 4, setting up plenty of intriguing inter-state matchups with Major League Soccer clubs.
Below, you will find links to our coverage on TheCup.us, as well as match reports from all 13 Round 3 games (links will be added as they are published). You can get all the latest updates from every game through Twitter, using the hashtag #USOC2017. Use that same hashtag on Instagram to share your US Open Cup-related photos.
* 2017 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup schedule, results (video/audio links)
* 2017 US Open Cup Round 1 review
* 2017 US Open Cup Round 2 review
* 2017 TheCup.us Player of the Round winnners
* 2017 US Open Cup bracket (TheCup.us)
* 2017 US Open Cup statistical leaders
* A map of all 99 entries for the 2017 US Open Cup
* 2017 Meet the Underdogs series
* 2017 US Open Cup qualifying Round 2 review: 14 more teams advance as Round 3 moved to next year
* 2017 US Open Cup qualifying Round 1: Scores and recaps from every game
* Who is the US Open Cup equivalent to Lincoln City FC and their magical FA Cup run?
* Eric Wynalda hired to lead LA Wolves for 2017 US Open Cup run
* Reading United qualifies for record 9th straight US Open Cup, seeking more than an opening round win
* Things you should know about the Third Round of the US Open Cup
* Notable upsets in the Third Round of the US Open Cup (Modern Era)
* Support TheCup.us: New Del Rey City jerseys available for purchase
* Appreciate what we do at TheCup.us? Donate here
* TheCup.us is looking for writers/editors, graphics, WordPress gurus & people who can handle digital ad sales (paid position). Email us here
Playing on the road, Saint Louis FC (USL) took advantage of a pair of defensive miscues to take a 2-0 lead in the opening 16 minutes against the PDL’s Michigan Bucks. That would prove to be the difference in the match as Francis Atuahene scored on a spectactular volley to cut the lead in half just after halftime, but Saint Louis would hold on. With the win, they advance to host the four-time US Open Cup champion Chicago Fire (MLS) in Round 4. [+] FULL MATCH REPORT